Bucket list ideas for mature men growing old disgracefully
We talked in the last post about the word meaning fear of diminishing opportunities as one ages or Torsehlusspanik.
For many men, the idea of a bucket list is something to consider when you retire, hopefully at 65 or sooner, however the need to continue working is a necessity for a lot of men. By the time many men lay down their tools, they are too old or in too poor health to do those things they always dreamed of.
Interest in bucket lists soared with the release of the 2007 movie The Bucket List in which Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freemen played two terminally ill men who went on a road trip with a list of things to do before they kicked the bucket. This is what was on their list-
- Drive a Shelby Mustang
- Fly over the North Pole
- Eat at Chevre d’or in France
- Visit the Taj Mahal in India
- Ride a motorcycle on the Great Wall of China
- A Lion safari in Tanzania
- Visit the base of Mt Everest
- Visit the Pyramids
Carter played by Freeman also had on his list, laugh till I cry, which he ticked off after Nicholson told him about the coffee which is passed through the bowls of a Sumatran jungle cat.
After that Nicholson got back with his estranged daughter and kissed his grand daughter enabling him to cross of kiss the most beautiful girl in the world
Carter died and Edward read the eulogy and then crossed off, help a complete stranger for the good.
Edwards last item on the list, witness something majestic happened after he died when he and Carte’rs ashes were taken to the top of a Himalayan mountain by Edwards assistant Matthew together with a can of coffee.
- Having spent several hours pouring over the many bucket list sites out there, here is my list and comments on the most odd and bizarre;-
- Go to an orgy – Where’s the invite?
- Set foot on the moon – yeah – right
- Retire a Millionaire – Brilliant, show me the money
- Start you own religion – Any messiahs out there
- Fall in love – Oh, you sad bastard
- Dye your grey hair black – You only look younger from a distance but you Will feel younger
- Join the mile high club – I believe the airline Virgin in the best for that although you will have to be a bit of a contortionist. No woman, no worries, have a wank instead – you are half way there
- Go on safari in Africa
- Travel the world – On a motorbike
- Spend the day as a woman. Bring out the inner tranny – act like you’ve got your period. This is one of the most common sexual fantasies in the UK
- Streak in a public place. Best done before your body starts to sag
- Do a striptease – Careful of stage fright and don’t leave it until you are too wrinkly
- Name a star – Why not
- Get married – Experience the pain
- Share a fantasy – But who with
- Share your most embarrassing moment – It will come back to bite you
- Wear a wig for a day – Empathise with how bald men feel when they cover up
- Eat an insect – make it a big one
- Hire 2 private investigators to follow each other
- Take part in a brawl – Cant beat a good punch up as long as there’s no knives or guns
- Have sex outdoors – Its a right of passage
- Run with the bulls – Over 45, you will be killed
- Kill and eat your dinner – Don’t be a chicken
- Throw a dart at a map and go there – Get the passport ready
- Stay up for 24 hours – Yay, rediscover drugs